The Geocap Seismic Explorer for ArcGIS is an extension to ArcGIS for Desktop 10 that allows you to manage and visualize seismic data in ArcGIS.
Main features include:
- Read 2D and 3D seismics from original SEG-Y files.
- Visualize seismic data in 3D, including seismic lines and 3D cubes.
- Visualize navigation lines and outlines in 2D and 3D
- Live traces. Read actual survey outlines directly from the original SEG-Y files, taking into account zero-traces and missing traces to create an exact outline geometry.
- Uses Geocap's proprietary brick format to handle seismic 3D cubes of virtually any size
- Create index files from 3D SEG-Y to quickly examine cube contents while minimizing use of disk space.
- Extract lines from seismic 3D cubes based on intersection with arbitrary geometry.
- Uses standard ArcGIS methods and tools
- Easy to use interactive seismic navigation. Simply move seismic sections using your mouse or use the seismic toolbar.
|Table of Contents|
Geocap for ArcGIS requires ArcMap 10 with licensing level of Basic or higher. This documentation assumes basic familiarity with ArcMap.
The Seismic Explorer requires a license. A thirty-day trial license is included. You can use the Seismic Explorer out of the box for the duration of this period. When the trial period is over please contact Geocap sales for an extension.
To install an extended license:
- Make sure the 3D Explorer toolbar is enabled. In ArcMap click Customize -> Toolbars to see the list of available toolbars.
- In the 3D Explorer toolbar click Help then Install License. Follow the instructions.
- Perform the steps outlined in the Setup section below.
Before you begin ensure that the components of the Geocap Seismic Explorer are accessible:
To enable the Geocap toolbars:
- In ArcMap, click Customize, then Extensions
- Enable the extensions Geocap 3D Explorer and Geocap Seismic Explorer
- In ArcMap, click Customize, then Toolbars
- Enable the toolbars Geocap 3D Explorer and Geocap Seismic Explorer.
To add Geocap tools:
- Create a new toolbox or access an existing one
- Right-click the toolbox, then click Add. On the menu click Tool. The Add Tool dialog will open.
- Check the toolbox Geocap Tools. Ensure that all tools in the toolbox are checked. Click OK.
- The Geocap Tools are now added to your toolbox.